The Zoon Air Car materials and instructions are part of The Science of Speed curriculum. This activity affords you and your students the following benefits:
In measurable ways, the content and structure of the Zoon Air Car activity resembles the larger CO2 investigation. The Zoon Air Car is a good ramp up.
- Low-cost activity that addresses principles consonant with those addressed in the CO2 investigation: motions and forces, transfer of energy, and so forth.
- Use of tools to fabricate a working model.
- Hands-on activity that requires students to follow instructions. If this is one of the first activities for you with the class, you will have the opportunity to observe skills, including the ability to work alongside other students in an informal setting.
- Informal interaction with students to elicit understanding of, among other things, nomenclature: wheelbase, axle, energy, and so forth.
- Experience with performance and modifications based on performance.
Zoon Air Car instructions >>|